Pairing the right wine with the right culinary dish is a great way to enhance your dining experience. These pairings got us thinking: why not suggest movie and dinner pairings that will take your movie night to a whole other level?
Check out some of our favorite movies and pairings for a night that will delight at least 4 out of 5 of your senses.
Recommended Food Pairing: Hearty and homey soul food
Courtesy of The Egg Farm
The trouble with good ol’ fashioned soul food is that we couldn’t pick just one dish to make to pair with this movie! Instead, Soul Food and Southern Cooking has tons of great dinners, dishes, desserts, and sides for you to create and enjoy.
Recommended Food Pairing: Gourmet Hotdogs
Courtesy of Port and Fin
Nothing takes you out to the ballgame (while staying nice and comfy-cozy at home!), than a pipin’ hot ballpark frank. And, of course, Martha Stewart has some amazing ideas on hot dog toppings that will help you knock dinner out of the park. CLICK HERE TO VIEW HER RECIPES.
Recommended Food Pairing: Grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup
Courtesy of Garnish and Glaze
Unlike Michael Keaton’s cooking tactic in this movie, we don’t recommend using an iron to make this delicious grilled cheese and tomato soup dish recipe. View the details HERE.
Recommended Food Pairing: Chicken strips and mac and cheese
Courtesy of Dessert For Two
If you’re watching Spy Kids, then there’s a pretty good chance you’ve got some kiddies in tow for movie night. To make this dinner and movie pairing a hit, we highly recommend MAKING THIS DISH of chicken fingers and mac and cheese.
Recommended Food Pairing: Green gruel
Courtesy of Epicurious
We enjoyed finding a cool recipe for this kid-friendly flick. While the sound of gruel may have some of you stopping in your tracks, trust us, this recipe is a fun one. Technically, it isn’t even gruel at all, but a broccoli and cheese soup with a Halloween–and now an Oliver–twist. CLICK HERE to get the recipe.
In a last-minute rush to get your loved ones some super-cool Valentine’s Day cards? Never fear: Rainbow Brite and the gang are here!
Let your Valentine know you care with one of the 9 character cards below. All you have to do is download the cards (using the link below), print them out and add your name and message to the back.
May you have a colorful and Brite Valentine’s Day!
Feeln the holiday spirit? We’ve got you covered. We have dozens of family Christmas movies, Hallmark Christmas Movies, and Feeln Original Christmas films to fill you with Yuletide cheer. This is the perfect time to gather together with your family to watch Christmas movies online. We’ve collected all of our Christmas-themed studio films, original short films, and Hallmark Hall of Fame Movies in one place for easy viewing. Here are 5 of the best Christmas movies on Feeln:
In the weeks leading up to Christmas, the romantic lives of multiple Londoners crisscross in surprising and touching ways. An aging rock star makes a last-ditch effort at a radio hit. A widower deals with his grief as his young son tries to impress his first crush. A lovelorn man tries to get over his feelings for his best friend’s new bride. A brokenhearted writer faces a language barrier with his alluring foreign housekeeper. And the Prime Minister of England worries that his workplace crush could become an international incident. Contains adult language and situations.
When Todd, a developmentally-challenged twenty year-old with an affinity for animals, hears that the local animal shelter is looking for families to foster dogs for Christmas, he’s eager to sign up. His father firmly opposes the idea, worried that Todd cannot accept the responsibility, and will become too attached and not want to return the dog.
But Todd’s persistence pays off. He chooses a friendly yellow lab and names him Christmas. Bringing Christmas home proves to be a life-changing event for the whole family, allowing Todd to show he can care for the dog on his own, and inspiring his father to open his heart.
3. Gifts and Presence (short film)
Santa and his elves work overtime to satisfy a little girl’s Christmas wish.
When the supreme ruler of all ghosts commands that Casper must scare at least one person before Christmas Day, Casper visits the Jollimore family and sets out to complete his mission. But as usual, the kindhearted Casper has a hard time trying to scare anyone, so the Ghostly Trio, fed up with his goody-boo-shoes behavior, secretly hires Caspers identical cousin Spooky to do the job…with hilarious results.
Ollie Dee and Stanley Dum try to borrow money from their employer, the toymaker, to pay off the mortgage on Mother Peep’s shoe and keep it and Little Bo Peep from the clutches of the evil Barnaby. When that fails, they trick Barnaby into marrying Stanley Dum instead of Bo Peep. Enraged, Barnaby unleashes the bogeymen from their caverns to destroy Toyland.
As parents, it is often challenging to have productive conversations with our kids about difficult life topics like discrimination, bullying, physical disabilities, war, and death. Feeln feature films and original shorts are good family movies that can help inspire productive conversations about these tough topics. I’ve compiled some tips for talking to your kids after watching these movies with life lessons.
1. Initiate conversations with your child. Watching a Feeln movie together can be a lot of fun while also opening the door to conversations about sensitive subjects.
2. Find out what your child knows already. If your child asks you a difficult question, you might simply ask, “What have you heard?” This allows your child to tell you what she understands — or misunderstands — and perhaps what concerns are prompting her question.
3. Keep your answers simple. Give answers that are appropriate for your child’s age. One simple sentence may be enough. Underneath a child’s question, she may be worried about her safety, so offer reassurance.
4. Listen to your child and ask more questions. For example, if your child asks you about people being injured on the news, you might say, “I feel sad those people got hurt. How do you feel?”
5. Communicate your own values and try to be honest. Create an open environment by expressing your feelings honestly, but also giving your child space and encouragement to feel differently.
6. Talk about it again and again. Be prepared for children to ask the same question many times. This means they are continuing to think about the issue and may need more information. You might save some information for later discussions.
Below, you can also find five Feeln moral movies categorized by the message or issue they address:
Imprisoned at Auschwitz, Father Maximilian Kolbe protects his fellow prisoners against the Nazis. This film addresses religion, violence, war, and prejudice.
A bunch of bullies meet their match on a playground. Do you have the courage to stand by those in need despite dangerous odds? This film addresses bullying.
3. 200 Years
A story that honors the risks and sacrifices made by generations of Americans in pursuit of freedom, equality, and opportunity. This film addresses slavery, violence, and discrimination.
4. Ben Comen
Based on the true story of a young athlete who never gives up. This film addresses physical disability.
A sailor aboard the USS Missouri during World War II struggles with his order to give a kamikaze pilot a proper burial. This film addresses war, prejudice, and death.
When you have seven days of unlimited access to a movie collection like ours, the possibilities are endless. Where to begin? To help you take full advantage of our collection, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite movies and offered some personal suggestions on how to maximize good Feeln during your week of free movies. Watch free movies now!
7 Films for 7 Days:
We’ve selected a dozen of our most beloved short films and compiled them together into one hour-long feature. These handpicked selections represent the uplifting and heartwarming nature of these finely crafted originals you will only see on Feeln.
This Emmy award-winning Hallmark Hall of Fame movie is the inspirational true story of a social worker who risked her life to save thousands of Jewish children during WWII. Starring Anna Paquin and Marcia Gay Harden.
When a sister and brother start a board game they find in the attic of their new house, they inadvertently release monkeys, a lion and a man who was trapped inside the game.
A PBS documentary series. During the Depression, the popularity of dozens of superhero characters opens the door for a new generation of artists and writers. World War II creates a patriotic fervor for star-spangled adventurers to represent the American spirit at war and on the home front, but in the 1950s, superheroes are caught in the fire of government scrutiny and regulation.
Filmed over 5 years in 200 spots around the globe, this series captures the remarkable varieties of life cohabitating in our oceans. The oceans dominate our planet while still remaining largely unexplored and mysterious. Their influence dominates the world’s weather systems. They support an enormous range of life, from the largest whales to the smallest plankton, from hordes of sea birds to lonely, deep-sea fish. All this is governed by a complex system of biological and physical forces. This first episode demonstrates the sheer scale, power and complexity of the ‘Blue Planet.’
A hapless inventor finally finds success with a flying car, which a dictator from a foreign government sets out to take for himself.
In this charming and educational series, Emmy Award-winning Director Emeritus of the Columbus Zoo and best pal of the animals, Jack Hanna takes us on adventures around the globe to meet furry, feathered and finned friends. Children of all ages get close up looks as animals prove how smart and talented they are, while Jungle Jack shows us the importance of caring for our bio-diverse planet.
Other ways to make the most of your Feeln free trial:
1. Watch Hallmark Movies Online: Feeln is the only place where you can stream Hallmark Hall of Fame movies online. We have dozens of titles: romances, true stories, family dramas, stories about inspiring teachers and friendships, and some behind-the-scenes films as well.
2. Watch Feeln Originals: Feeln Originals are inspiring short films that our in-house production team has written, filmed, and edited since 2007. We direct each step of the process to make sure these films are of the highest quality and packed with Feeln. We release a new Feeln Original every month.
3. Series: Feeln like binging on a TV show? We have Ken Burns’ extraordinary PBS documentaries Baseball and The National Parks as well as BBC nature series and our own original series, InspireWire.
4. Kids: This section features a mix of short films, feature films, and TV series, all great for kids! Check out Tinga Tinga Tales, The New Adventures of Madeline, and the Adventures of Paddington Bear.
For viewing on the go, stream movies to your phone or tablet. SpiritClips supports these mobile devices:
- Android Phones and Tables via Google Play
- iPad 2, 3, 4, Mini, Air
- iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s
- Nook HD and HD+ Tablets
- Kindle Fire 2nd Gen, HD, HDX
- Samsung Galaxy Tablets